The eyes are one of the most important organs in the human body. We use them to see the outside world and perform different activities. However, like every other organ in our body, the eyes also require exercise to stay healthy.
Here are five different eye exercises that you can do to keep your eyes healthy.
The Importance of Eye Health
Most people know that they should take care of their eyes, but many don’t understand its importance. Eye health is critical for everyone and should be a top priority. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Nearly one-third of blindness cases are preventable with proper eye care.
- More than half of Americans need glasses or contact lenses but don’t have them.
- 90% of the information we learn is processed through our eyes.
- It’s essential to check your eyes regularly and practice good eye health habits. Doing so can help keep your eyes healthy.
Here are five exercises you can do to keep your eyes healthy:
1. Blinking: Blinking is not just a way to get rid of excess tears; it’s also a great eye exercise. When you blink, you practice the smooth pursuit movement that helps keep your eyes healthy.
2. Looking Up and Down: This exercise helps improve the flexibility of the eye muscles. Look up at the sky, then down at the floor, and repeat ten times.
3. Rolling Your Eyes: This is another excellent exercise for improving flexibility. Roll your eyes clockwise for 10 seconds, then counterclockwise for 10 seconds.
4. The 20-20-20 Rule. This is a guideline for using your computer to protect your eyes. It recommends that you take a 20-second break every 20 minutes and look at something 20 feet away.
5. Closing Your Eyes: This is a straightforward but effective exercise that relaxes the eyes and helps reduce stress. Close your eyes, take deep breaths, then slowly open them again.
Choose Us to Keep Your Eyes Healthy
Maintaining good eye health is essential for everyone. This article outlined the top five eye exercises to help keep your eyes healthy. If you want to learn more about eye health or schedule an eye exam, please choose us as your eye and laser center. We are located in Salem, MA, and Westborough, MA. Call 978.239.4746 for the Salem location and 508.836.8733 for our Westborough, MA location.