Meet Westborough Ophthalmologist, Dr. Jean E. Keamy
Dr. Keamy is a board-certified ophthalmologist and a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, in addition to her B.A. in Molecular Biology (Princeton) and M.B.A. (NYU Stern), Dr. Keamy completed her degree in medicine at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Brooklyn. Upon completing her MD degree, Dr. Keamy accepted a transitional internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in NYC’s West Village.
For her ophthalmology residency, Dr. Keamy trained at New England Eye Center at Tufts University Medical School. To top off her educational journey, Dr.Keamy mastered advanced surgical and diagnostic techniques as a fellow at the Gimbel EyeCentre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dr. Keamy’s educational background as well as her unique talents and interests make Keamy Eye & Laser Centresuch a vibrant and successful practice. For example,as a semi-professional photographer,she has a keen interest in cameras and optics. This interest in vision makes ophthalmology a perfect fit for her.Once asked what her “smartest”mistake was, Dr. Keamy replied,
“Not going to medical school right away. Looking back, I see that my degree in molecular biology factors into my medical expertise. My MBA gave me the business acumen to build my ophthalmology and cosmetic practice. During this time, coursework in art and photography broadened my aesthetic sensibility.”
Real Patient Reviews
"Dr. Keamy is a great surgeon....today she removed my second cataract in 3 months. She is professional and very knowledgeable. Her human demeanor and compassion make for a very pleasant experience under her care! I do not hesitate to recommend her for your personal health needs. The office staff is the best, also."
"Dr Keamy is the best! I always love my results after each treatment. Her experience as an eye doctor makes me feel confident in her work especially when she treats around my eyes. She makes Botox look natural and your face and not fake looking. I will always go to her for any cosmetic treatment and I recommend all my friends and family to as well."
"Dr. Keamy has been my physician for over 15 years. She did my PRK years ago and I still have perfect long distance vision... I have profound respect and trust in Dr. Keamy that I currently live in Miami and fly up to see her..... Her staff is wonderful. Location is great. And the office is beautiful!"
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Worcester Medical Center, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Worcester, MA, 2001-present
- Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2002-present
- Marlborough Hospital, Marlborough, MA
- UMass Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Surgisite Boston, Waltham, MA
- Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Member
- New England Ophthalmology Society, Member
- Massachusetts Eye Physicians & Surgeons, Member
- International Society of Refractive Surgery, Member
- Women in Ophthalmology, Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Member
Schedule A Consultation with Dr. Jean Keamy
- Director, Ophthalmology Residency Program at Worcester Medical Center, Worcester, MA for New England Eye Center, Tufts School of Medicine, April 2002-2004
- Clinical Instructor, Tufts School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2002-present