Dr. Jean E. Keamy, M.D., M.B.A.
Meet Westborough Ophthalmologist, Dr. Jean E. Keamy
Dr. Jean E. Keamy’s medical degree was the final chapter in a number of extensive academic achievements. After graduating with a B.A. in Molecular Biology from Princeton University, Dr. Keamy pursued graduate studies at the M.I.T. Sloan School of Management and then completed her M.B.A at the New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business Administration. After working several years on Madison Avenue, Dr. Keamy felt that her management job had no impact on helping people.
Driven by that desire, Dr. Keamy completed her degree in medicine at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Brooklyn. Upon completion of her MD degree, she trained as a transitional internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in the heart of New York City.
Dr. Keamy then chose to return to her home state and pursue an ophthalmology residency at Tufts University School of Medicine/New England Medical Center in Boston. Dr. Keamy has always had an interest in eye care since her early years in medical school. As a medical student, she traveled on a mission to Honduras to assist ophthalmologists providing eye care to those unable to afford treatment. As a semi-professional photographer, Dr. Keamy has a keen interest in cameras and optics. This interest in vision makes ophthalmology a perfect fit for her.
Upon completion of her residency, Dr. Keamy pursued a fellowship in refractive surgery at the world famous Gimbel Eye Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She chose to go there because of Dr. Gimbel’s expertise and the center’s interest in new technologies. She was able to obtain experience in custom ablations and phakic intraocular lenses as well as advanced techniques in LASIK and PRK during her year there. In fact, the center was a referral for many other doctors’ complications, so she was able to gain experience in managing the complications of others.
Dr. Keamy moved back to Massachusetts in 2001. Since then she has performed thousands of refractive and cataract procedures in central Massachusetts. In August 2004, Dr. Keamy formed her own eye centre dedicated to excellence in cataract and refractive surgery, general ophthalmology, and aesthetic and eye plastic surgery.
Dr. Jean Keamy offers her ophthalmology and cosmetic services to patients in the Westborough, Salem, Worcester, and Boston areas.
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Worcester Medical Center, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Worcester, MA, 2001-present
- Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2002-present
- Marlborough Hospital, Marlborough, MA
- UMass Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Surgisite Boston, Waltham, MA
- Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA
- Director, Ophthalmology Residency Program at Worcester Medical Center, Worcester, MA for New England Eye Center, Tufts School of Medicine, April 2002-2004
- Clinical Instructor, Tufts School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2002-present
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Member
- New England Ophthalmology Society, Member
- Massachusetts Eye Physicians & Surgeons, Member
- International Society of Refractive Surgery, Member
- Women in Ophthalmology, Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Member