LT: Hi, Dr. Keamy. Let’s discuss Keamy Cosmetic’s latest acquisition, truSculpt iD. I understand it is the newest body contouring system out there. Tell me, who’s the ideal candidate for this treatment?
JK: Adult men and women who want to reduce abdominal circumference and eliminate stubborn fat anywhere on the body.
LT: One of the questions a patient considering cosmetic treatment is often, “When will I see results?” What is your answer to those considering truSculpt iD?
JK: Results can be seen as early as 6 weeks, but usually 12 weeks.
LT: What is the treatment process? Is there any discomfort, during, or after?
JK: A single treatment involves the placement of paddles on the specified area. It takes about 15 minutes. Because truSculpt iD uses radiofrequency, the treatment area’s temperature will rise yet remain comfortable, much like a hot stone massage. It’s effective, safe, and the results are
even and consistent.
LT: How many treatments are typically needed to achieve significant results? And, if more than one treatment is necessary, what’s the wait between treatments?
JK: Maximum results are visible after 12 weeks. Additional treatments may be scheduled as early as 6 weeks apart to achieve the patient’s goal. Plus, multiple areas can be treated in as little as one 15-minute session. A maximum of 6 paddles can be used at one time on the same or different areas of the body.
LT: What about post-treatment swelling or bruising and restrictions on physical activity?
JK: Post-procedure, the treatment area will be warm and flushed for less than one hour. For a few days, patients may experience mild sensitivity to the touch. There’s no downtime at all, patients can immediately resume normal activities and exercise.
LT: How does truSculpt iD compare to other body contouring treatments on the market?
JK: truSculpt is leaps and bounds ahead of the others! Here’s the very substantial list of pros:
- Faster – It takes as little as 15 minutes to treat one body part or multiple body areas simultaneously.
- Safer – There’s no extended recovery time.
- Comfortable – The treatment feels like a hot stone massage. There is no lingering pain nor numbness after the procedure.
- Fat Reduction – Clinical studies have shown an average of 15-24% fat reduction, depending on the individual area being treated.
- Versatile – I can treat many body areas, skin types, fat densities, and a wide range of patients who may not be candidates for other procedures.
- Skin Tightening – Radiofrequency technology tightens the skin and can diminish the appearance of cellulite. No one wants saggy puckery skin after you melt the fat, which can happen with other devices.
LT: Very impressive, I’m glad I asked! How much does the average treatment cost?
JK: Costs vary depending on a patient’s needs. Our typical charge is $1500-2500 per treatment, depending on how many paddles are used. Remember, most people need only one treatment, unlike other competing technologies that require 4-6 treatments. Stay tuned for package pricing for patients who feel they need more than one treatment or want more than one area treated.
LT: Thank you, Dr. Keamy. I think I can safely predict that truSculpt iD will be a big draw for your current and future clients!