An eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, tightens, smooths, and refines the upper and/or lower eyelids. It can restore a more youthful appearance, correct droopy eyelids, and address any concerns you may have about sagging skin, wrinkles, or fine lines.
While an eyelid lift is generally performed as a cosmetic procedure, Dr. Keamy also performs upper and lower eyelid lifts to help patients alleviate vision problems caused by droopy eyelids in Salem, MA.
Blepharoplasty Recovery Timeline
An upper or lower blepharoplasty takes approximately 10 to 14 days to heal, but recovery can last up to three months as your skin recovers.
Immediately following surgery, swelling, bruising, and tenderness are common. You may also experience itching, dryness, and a sticky sensation for several days following your procedure.
The procedure takes 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the target areas. For upper eyelid lifts, Dr. Keamy makes an incision along the upper-eye crease and will reposition fat depoists and tighten or remove skin as needed to create a refreshed appearance. This can also help alleviate drooping or sagging that may impact vision.
Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is performed using the OPUS® COLIBRI, which provides state-of-the-art laser skin resurfacing that tightens skin and eliminates crepiness and fine lines.
Eyelid Lift Recovery Tips
Your personalized aftercare plan will be provided in our office after treatment. To support your healing further, here are some tips to help improve your comfort as you heal:
- Use provided ice or cool gel packs on your eyes to minimize swelling and reduce discomfort.
- Use any prescribed ointments or eye drops to promote faster, thorough healing.
- Avoid touching your eyes or rubbing them to alleviate any itching or irritation.
- Keep your head elevated above your chest when sleeping or relaxing for the first few days after your procedure.
- Wear sunglasses and a hat outside to protect the treatment sites from sun exposure, which may cause discoloration or more noticeable scarring.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Keamy
If you are considering eyelid lift surgery, Dr. Keamy would love to help you learn more about the process. Please request a consultation on our site to book an appointment at our Salem, MA, office. You can also call us at 978-239-4746.