I hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. All of us at Keamy Cosmetic Centre are looking forward to resuming our regular habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety.
Our planned reopening date is this Tuesday, May 26th. We are following the guidelines for reopening with the AAO (American Academy of Ophthalmology). However, Governor Baker may change these dates; we will continue to assess the situation based on data and information from the Governor and state public health agencies. During Phase 1, we will not be performing any surgeries, eye procedures, or cosmetic procedures at any location.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice – you may have noticed this during your visits to our office. We follow the infection control recommendations made by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We’ve made the following changes to help protect our patients and staff:
- We have a pre-appointment screening process and health questions. That said, please reschedule if you have a fever, chills, cough, stuffy nose, or sore throat.
- We prefer that you fill out all forms on the patient resources tab on our website https://www.seemedrkeamy.com/patient-resources. These forms can be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 508-836-3342.
- We will call or text you when we are ready for you.
- Please wear a mask upon entering the building.
- We prefer that patients over 18 come to their appointment alone.
- We will check your temperature upon entering. If you have any signs or symptoms, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- In PHASE One, we will NOT be performing any procedures or surgeries.
- To maintain proper social distancing, there will be reduced seating capacity in our waiting room. As they are difficult to clean. reading materials will be removed.
- Please bring your personal items in a purse, bag, or in your pockets.
- Do not bring any drinks or food into the office.
- We will stagger and limit appointments to ensure that we have extra time to prepare and disinfect between patients properly as well as to avoid gatherings during check-in and check-out.
- We operate at, or above, CDC and OSHA guidelines for cleaning and sterilization. This includes autoclaving instruments and cleaning surfaces with Cavicide, a medical-grade disinfectant, used in ICUs, isolation rooms, and patient care areas.
- Protective glass dividers remain installed at our front desks.
- Our staff will have increased personal protection equipment, including full face shields, masks, and gloves.
- Telemedicine will remain an option if you wish to speak with me directly but would prefer not to come to the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient safe.
Thank you for being our patient.
Jean Keamy MD